Phoenix Firestorm Preview 220.127.116.1118 – Download & Release Notes
UPDATE: THIS VERSION IS NOW OBSOLETE. SEE “Firestorm Beta 18.104.22.16871 info + download links“
DOWNLOAD LINKS AND RELEASE NOTES BELOW
Il gruppo di sviluppatori del Phoenix Viewer Project ha pubblicato una nuova versione di anteprima di Firestorm, il viewer di seconda generazione che costituisce l’evoluzione di Phoenix.
Gli annunci delle versioni di anteprima vengono diffusi tramite il gruppo inworld Phoenix-Firestorm Preview Group. Se siete interessati a Firestorm, iscrivetevi a questo gruppo e seguite le indicazioni contenute nelle Notices.
Questa versione di anteprima non è da considerarsi completamente pronta per l’utilizzo. Una versione definitiva arriverà probabilmente in estate.
In generale, vi consiglio di non installare versioni sperimentali dei programmi per Second Life se non siete pronti agli inconvenienti che si possono verificare: crash, attachment mancanti, outfit incompleti, perdita di parte del contenuto del Profilo, inventario che non carica… generalmente, nella mia personale esperienza, niente di davvero grave.
Avvertenza importante per questa versione di Firestorm: installatela in una cartella vuota. Non sovrascrivete installazioni precedenti ma partite da zero.
Seguono (in inglese) il nuovo testo di presentazione di Firestorm che verrà usato per la Viewer Directory e le Release Notes per questa versione di anteprima.
Important: uninstall previous Firestorm installations and make sure you install to a clean empty folder. Do not overwrite an existing installation!
- UPDATE: links removed as this Preview release IS NOW OBSOLETE! SEE “Firestorm Beta 22.214.171.12471 info + download links“
[below, an up-to-date Firestorm presentation and the full Release Notes for Phoenix Firestorm Preview 126.96.36.19918. Subscribe in-world to Phoenix-Firestorm Preview Group to get news and updates about Firestorm. Read Nalates' blog for detailed reviews of this release and other Second Life clients]
Firestorm is a community development project headed by The Phoenix Viewer Project as an alternative viewer for Second Life. The primary goals for this viewer is to improve the user experience while extending usability and functionality of the Viewer 2 code base. We package contributions from various community developers along with code from Linden Lab and of course ourselves to bring you a quality, feature-rich viewer experience backed up by a large volunteer support team available 24/7.
The current release of Firestorm viewer is in an alpha stage of development and is not necessarily ready for full time use. Support from our support team will be minimal at best until we finalize an “Official Release” of the viewer, however you can join our in world group “Phoenix-Firestorm Preview Group” in world for peer to peer resident help. We hope to have an Official Release which we can provide full support for by late May or June.
- Dockable/undockable nearby chat floater
- Ability to type in nearby chat floater
- V1 style friend and group lists in the communications window
- Additional Skins
- Removal of side bar tabs to the bottom bar
- Un-docked side bar panels can be closed and re-opened from bottom bar buttons
- Un-docked side bar panels remember their last location/size etc.
- Ability to hide Home, Profile and Places side tab buttons on the bottom bar
- Multiple Profile floaters
- Several additional skins with and without side bar
- Voice button is hidden when voice is not available
- Cmdline options from Phoenix Viewer
- Disable TP screens, Login & Logout progress screens
- Vertical IM tabs
- Worn tab in inventory floater
- Location address bar in the menu bar
- Ability to hide the bottom chat bar via re size
- Viewer 1 style cursors and inventory art
- Additional Windlight sky and water presets
- Additional support for new GPU’s
- Radar in people panel (Range limited to 400 meters for now)
- Age, Time since seen, Range
- Double click> Name to cam; Radar reports to chat when avs enter/leave chat range: Prefs>Firestorm>Chat (Known issue: People panel needs to be open)
- Radar reports to chat when Avs enter/leave draw distance: Prefs>Firestorm>Chat (Known issue: People panel needs to be open)
- Radar Right click> Name> View profile, Add friend, Remove friend, IM, Call, Map, Share. Pay, Block/Unblock (mute), Offer teleport, Teleport to (known issue when either are above 1024meters)
- Legacy style Blue dialogs
- V1 style Legacy profiles on other avatars
- Right click menu in text editors>cut/copy/paste/select all/delete
- Media filter for added security: Prefs> Sound & Media> ‘Enable Media Filter’
- Let scripts control my play button for added security: Prefs> Sound & Media> ‘Allow scripts to play media’
- Inventory Right click > wear options
- You can now wear an entire folder at once, if the folder contains attachments it will replace any currently worn on the attachment slots
- The folder may contain multiple attachments on the same point, they will all be worn
- Friend Online/Offline notifications in chat
- Prefs>Firestorm>Chat> ‘Friend on/off-line notices to nearby chat’
- Lots of translation UI fixes
- ‘:’ as a synonym for ‘/me’
- Auto close ((OOC)) parenthesis
- Dynamic positioning to stats bar parcel info
- Nearby chat button flashes on new messages now
- Rez under land group: Prefs> Firestorm> General> ‘Always res objects under land group’
- Firestorm preferences Panels (still in progress)
- Completed Shared parcel Windlight: Prefs> Firestorm>Windlight
- Chat bar as Command line: Prefs>Firestorm>CmdLine
- Allow clicking self profile picture to pull up texture picker
- Ctrl-Shift-I now properly toggles people floater
- Improved compatibility with starlight skins for Firestorm Features
- Group notices are now drag-able
- Avatar name on window title (Windows only for now)
- Accordions replaced with tabbed layouts in most all panels for improved usability.
- A lot of cleaning up, sorting, bug fixes to all panels inc
- Group UUIDS and Copy group SLURL in Group profiles
- Re-sizable camera floater with fixed highlights
- Basic derender functionality: Right click> Remove> Derender
- Stream song and artist information in chat
- Updated GPU Table for supporting more video cards new and old
- Hide your lookat and point-at crosshair options in prefs: Prefs>Privacy> ‘Don’t send my…’
- LargeAddressAware builds for systems with more than 2 gig memory
- Right click > Edit on inventory items
- True disable camera constraints: Prefs>Move & View> ‘Allow greater camera freedom’
- Ability to open cache, chat logs, crash logs and settings folder locations buttons: Prefs> Network & Cache (Known issue: Only works on windows currently)